Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In our homeschool this week… I think I have decided that we are going to use My Father's World as our curriculum. Now I just need to decide on an affordable, effective, spanish curriculum for the kids.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…This was finally a relaxing week, but we have lots of stuff coming up in the next few weeks!

My favorite thing this week was…when I told Coby to hurry up and get dressed or he could stay home with Brutus and he told me "but Mama, Brutus is not a great talker!"

Questions/thoughts I have…Holy wow...I hope I can begin to make sense of all these different choices before it comes time to choose a curriculum for next year!

Things I’m working on…a new blog!!! Curriculum planning for the Fall. Finalizing plans for this month. A crocheted dress, inter-change-a-bows for my store, and a doily for my mother-in-law.

I’m reading…Anne of Avonlea, Biblical Motherhood

I’m grateful for…my family, my children, and so many other blessings that I've received from God

I’m praying for…the fallen soldiers this week, a ticket to Relevant, provision in our finances, the health of members of my husbands family, and for a few different friends as well.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Eating smores at our backyard campout!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for commenting at BasicsMatter.com. My husband is on your husband's track so far, but we'll have to see just how deep the damage is!
I too would LOVE to find a Relevant11 ticket!
hugs!
Sweetie

Mrs.Haggie810 said...

I can't wait to see it when it's done!

Hopefully we'll both get tickets so we can meet there!

RachelT said...

Hello! I am stopping by from THMJ. We used MFW for the past 5 years and it has really blessed our family! We are going with a different plan this year and are trying Classical Conversations, but let me know if you have questions about MFW. Have a great week!