Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Favorite Past-times"

I'm starting a new series called "Favorite Past-times" in which I will re-visit happenings from my youth...sometimes good, sometimes bad, some will have lessons, and some will just be memorable for one reason or another! Hopefully all will be entertaining! ;) I'd love it if you join me too! I'm going to get a button up soon...but if you decide to join, just post whenever the mood strikes, and something that fits comes along! Don't forget to link back to this blog when you do!

So here's my first

It's an incredible thing...young love, first love, the feeling of being wanted, chosen, and well, loved. I still remember it clearly... I was going along, the same as any other day, doing what I had always done, and really feeling slightly depressed from being so overwhelmed with school work and extra-curricular activities.

I was caught completely off-guard. I never would have guessed in a million years, that this handsome, desirable (as in others were interested), older (by two years) guy would be interested in talking to me...and as it turns out dating me! He said Hello! And I replied. He introduced himself, and I remember feeling a little nervous, and the next thing I know, he was asking me over to hang out, then to be his girlfriend! All in a whirl whind of about 2 days time. I was on top of the world. I can't really describe it, but I'll do my best! It was such an incredible feeling to feel wanted, interesting, attractive, and well, just good enough. It was a very happy day. Although it didn't end well, I won't likely forget it anytime soon. It's a wonderous thing to feel confident and loved after many years of feeling unworthy and unloved, and not thin enough. If I could bottle it, and sell it...I would. Possibly more to come on this later...it's off to bed for me right now though.;D

No comments: