Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Days of Summer...

Although I know it's a little early, we had a very nice day about two weeks ago (yes I'm really late in posting this, if you know me, it's no surprise by now that I'm behind.) Anyways, it was a beautiful day, and it felt like summer, I believe it was a Sunday. The temperature was in the high 70's to low 80's all day, and it was just warm and sunny and beautiful. We decided to take a walk on the walking trail by our house that leads to a cute little park that the kids like (who am I kidding, they like any park that has a "SWIDE!!!!" "SWIDE MAMA!".) It is a nature type trail, with just beautiful surroundings almost the whole way. Jason picked me a really good smelling flower, and the kid saw some Geese, and goslings, and some dogs along the way (which made for some fun for us since we had our dogs with us!) After we were done walking, and playing at the park, and walking some more to get back to our vehicle, we did what we've done in summers past after our walks, and went to Dairy Queen. It was a sweet ending, to an already sweet day, and nothing can compete with seeing your 16 month old eat an ice cream cone for the first time! Hopefully many more days of Summer are ahead of us!






No comments: